|Two scoops, please..|
Verizon Wireless is now rolling out the official Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung's Galaxy Nexus. Yes, your phone that was delayed at launch and received a botched ICS update only to then disappear into the black hole of Verizon Customer Service...you and your beleaguered device will finally receive your just desserts.
See what we did, there? ;-)
On tonight's menu, your dessert will be a generous 39.8MB helping of Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.4. VZW's version number is IMM76K -- same identifier that was spotted on Galaxy Nexus in-store demos and corporate units, at the beginning of the month. Looks like Verizon played it safe, allowing time for a long-term soak test.
|Soon. Very soon.|
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
Did you read this far without checking to see if your update came through?
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.
Are you nuts?
|...and maybe sooner than you think.|
Good luck! And, please, when you get the update be sure to let us know in the comments.
via: Verizon Wireless